Home » Digital Health »
GUNNAR’s mission (and yes we accept it) is to help you protect your eyes. The Mission.org wrote a thorough and engaging summary of the reason we exist. In this most recent article, they cover a treasure-trove of meaningful information about digital eye strain. Central to their article, as you might have guessed, is their perspective on GUNNAR’s solution.
What’s in the Article?
1. Digital Eye Strain
They cover the essentials of digital eye strain. With this, they go over the symptoms, and, more importantly, the causes. Importantly, they emphasize proximity. If you view screens up close, as we often do with smartphones, the blue light exposure elevates, and the symptoms come on quicker, and more severely.
Next, they get into solutions (of course, our favorite section of the article!). Here, naturally, they cover GUNNAR’s patented lens technology. In addition to this, they offer other tips, including:
- Following the 20-20-20 rule (look away from your screen and at something 20 feet away, for 20 seconds, every 20 minutes)
- Reducing overhead lighting
- Keep screens at arm’s length
- Increasing text size on screens
Here they cover the facts about who suffers from Digital Eye Strain, including the following highlights:
- About 80% of Americans, across all age groups, use digital devices two or more hours per day
- Among all Americans, 32.6% report eye strain, 22.7% report dry eyes, 21.4% report headaches, 22% report blurry vision, and 30.8% report neck or shoulder pain.
4. Technological Solutions
In this section, they covered how to block blue light using your smartphone. The solutions on this front are promising but still less than ideal. Most solutions either block an insufficient amount of light or change your screen color to orange.
5. GUNNAR’s Solution
They end the last section with the following list of facts about GUNNAR products:
- Amber lenses add contrast to help the eyes define and recognize characters and shapes on your screen faster. Faster means less work for your eyes.
- The lens tint filters high-frequency blue light emitted from digital devices to protect eyes from both short-term and long-term stress. Studies have shown that blue light can cause damage to your retina, prevents needed production of melatonin to help you sleep, and has been connected to the development of age-related macular degeneration.
- The lens focusing power helps you hold focus on your digital screens and minimizes eye muscle fatigue. It does that by prefocusing the light and simulating distant viewing so the eyes don’t get tired as fast.
- The wrap-around design helps hold in the humidity between the lens and eyeball longer to minimize the effects of dry-eye.
- Anti-reflective coatings on front and back of the lenses eliminate visual distractions to the eye preventing unneeded exhaustion from reflections and glare
The Final Word
You might ask yourself, “why did The Mission decide to partner with GUNNAR?” They offer their own answer to this question:
“At The Mission, we partner with the best companies in the world to help bring you informative content and the tips found in this article. We only partner with companies whose products we use, and whose team members we trust.”
The Mission works with GUNNAR because they use our products, and trust our team.
Our mission with the help of The Mission is to protect your eyes. There’s no time like the present to join the Movement of believers who want to end the pain of digital eye strain.