GUNNAR appeals most commonly to professionals and gamers who spend excessive time in front of screens. Those types of people typically experience the most blue light exposure indoors, often at night. What about people who gain their greatest amount of blue light exposure outdoors, during the day? Since we believe everyone needs protection we have got protection for all types of people. Today we are going to talk about the often neglected category of blue blocker sunglasses and cover a few of our top picks from GUNNAR's selection of blue light blocking sunglasses.
The Sun's Blue Light
First, a quick science lesson. Blue light is essential to our mental and physical health. The sun emits blue light, and that signals our brain to tell us when to go to bed and when to wake up. It's specifically blue light, not just any part of the sun's light, that does this. The effect on our circadian rhythm (the scientific name of our sleep cycle) is essential. However, studies show that excess direct exposure to sunlight can have negative effects. As we often talk about on this blog, blue light emitted from electronic devices often harms our eyes for the same reason. Imagine if you happen to take part in work that required you to not only be outside but also to frequently use digital screens simultaneously! The blue light exposure for your eyes would surely be too much to handle.
Blue Light Blocking Sunglasses
A top seller in any lens type, the Vertex sun offers panoramic protection. Your whole eye is shielded by our patented lens technology, and thus protected. The modern look is both functional and fashionable. This slick look also comes in every lens style. Get your pair now!
- Wide-format lenses create an unobstructed panoramic, high-resolution field of view
- Pin hinge design creates incredible durability
- Curved nose rests provide even weight distribution and eliminate pressure points
- Injection-molded engineering-grade frame polymers provide durability and flexibility
- Proprietary patented GUNNAR lens material and tint
- Blocks harmful blue light and 100% UV light
- Asian Fit Compatible
SPECS: lens width: 54 mm | nose: 16 mm | frame width: 136 mm | temple: 135 mm | weight: 22 grams (without packaging)
The Maverick is our take on the classic aviator look. You can't go wrong with this timeless frame style. It offers additional coverage below your eye. This means, when you have to look down, like at a phone, your eyes will still be protected. Check them out.
- Lightweight construction for a comfortable fit without fatigue
- Stainless steel material and flexible hinges
- Adjustable silicone nose pads for a customizable fit
- Wide-format lenses to for full eye coverage
- Blocks harmful blue light and 100% UV light
SPECS: lens width: 57 mm | nose: 14 mm | frame width: 133 mm | temple: 135 mm | weight: 31 grams (without packaging)
Round lenses are in. If you're someone who keeps up with the trends, these glasses are perfect. They draw from a tried and true frame style (popularized in the 60's and 70's), and update for a modern flare you can't resist. They offer coverage and look great doing it. Grab a pair today!
- Adjustable silicone nose pads provide a customizable fit and comfort
- Hand-crafted stainless steel frame construction generates proper strength, optical stability, and flexibility
- Lightweight construction and proper weight balance guarantee long-wearing comfort without pressure points or fatigue
- Wide-format lenses create a panoramic viewing field for high-resolution viewing
- Ultra-slim temples distribute headphone pressure to ensure headset compatibility
SPECS: lens width: 52 mm | nose: 22 mm | frame width: 150 mm | temple: 145 mm | weight: 25 grams (without packaging)
Modern, sleek, and cool. Just three words that can be used to describe Intercept. They've got flare to spare, and protection in spades. If you're looking to get covered and look great doing it, the Intercept might just be the way to go. Find your pair right now.
- Wide-format lenses
- Rigid lens mounting
- Comfort curved nose rests
- Engineering grade injection polymers
- Multi-barrel hinges
- Blocks 100% harmful UVA and UVB light
- Specifically tuned to help improve your circadian rhythm by harnessing the benefits of long-wave blue light
- Silicone hard coated lens to prevent scratching
SPECS: lens width: 58 mm | nose: 17 mm | frame width: 133 mm | temple: 135 mm | weight: 33 grams (without packaging)
Get protection that works, and makes you look great at the same time. Check out all of our available blue blocker sunglasses today.