Any glasses-wearers will tell you the importance of keeping your lenses clean. Without clean lenses, you're looking at dirt and smudges all day; with clean lenses, you might forget you're even wearing glasses. Computer and gaming glasses put some users into an interesting situation. While many who buy GUNNARs already wear prescription or reading glasses, many others only wear GUNNARs and only when in front of a screen. For both groups, keeping your glasses clean matters. The latter group, however, simply has less experience owning and maintaining glasses. GUNNARs are an investment in your health and comfort. Today we offer some advice on protecting and maintaining your investment.
Cleaning GUNNAR Glasses
Anyone can clean their GUNNAR computer glasses, and everyone should. Below we have advice on thorough cleaning and everyday maintenance for your GUNNARs.
Simply take the following steps to thoroughly clean your GUNNARs.
- Use a dry, soft cloth to remove excess loose dirt, dust, or grime. If you start right in with the spray or a wet wipe, you might waste some of it one thing you could have removed easily without the moisture. Plus, the loose build-up can be absorbent. When you get it wet, then try to clean the lenses or frames, you might end up smearing around the mess rather than cleaning it.
- Apply lens cleaning spray either to a soft cloth or to the lenses and frame directly. If you have a lot of build-up (we get it, not everyone cleans their GUNNARs every day), then spraying directly on may be necessary to get it all. For normal maintenance cleaning, however, a little spray onto the cloth should do the trick. If you're using a wet cloth, wipe the frames and lenses down entirely, focusing on specific areas as needed. If you're spraying directly, thoroughly spread the spray all over the glasses.
- After wetting the glasses, take a dry soft cloth and lightly, but thoroughly, rub the lenses and frames till dry and streak-free. This step may require patience. Check to see that all the liquid is gone. Check to see if all streaks and smudges have been removed. If not, continue the process until the glasses are dry, clean, and shining.
For all of your cleaning needs, check out GUNNAR's inexpensive Eyeglass Lens Cleaner Kit.
Such a thorough cleaning may not always be necessary. In the case that you regularly check your glasses and keep them clean, simple maintenance may be all you need. There are a few ways you can approach such maintenance.
- Use a Glasses Cleaning Wipe: Individually packed glasses wipes offer a simple, quick, on the go solution to daily light maintenance. In a pinch, these wipes will offer a more thorough clean as well. However, their portable nature lends them to quick, convenient use when only simple touch up cleaning is all you need.
- Use a Dry, or Moistened Soft Cloth: Soft cloths, like the ones that come in glasses cleaning kits, offer static cling that allows them, when dry, to absorb dust and grime that has not clung to the glasses. For cases when the small amount of filth is stubbornly attached to your glasses, just add a little water to a corner of the cloth. After you've cleaned the problem area, use the dry portion of the cloth to avoid streaks.
Keeping it Clean
Taking care of your GUNNARs will help you use them more. No one wants to wear dirty, smudgy glasses. Keep yours clean, and you'll definitely wear them more. Furthermore, even if you don't mind the smudges, they can make it harder to see, and that might cause strain. So, do your eyes a favor, and keep your GUNNARs clean. Get the tools you need to maintain your GUNNARs right today.